Top 12 Favorite Cities
This was a difficult list to make, as there are many different places I enjoy for alot of different reasons. For me, this list is always changing, and though it may not always be in the same order, I definitely did enjoy my time in each of these cities.
12. Marrakesh, Morocco.
11. Lisbon, Portugal: A city covered in tasteful graffiti (done by professional artists), Lisbon has tons of history, churches, castles, hills and even a mini version of the Christ the Redeemer from Rio de Janeiro.
10. Stockholm, Sweden
10. Medellin, Colombia
8. Rome, Italy: The Colosseum is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. That alone sold me on Rome. All the other historical Roman buildings & sights were just extra.
7. Istanbul, Turkey: The ultimate melting pot of cultures being located half in Europe, half in Asia, but kind of also in the Middle East. Beautiful mosques, lots of history & tons of castles line both sides of the Bosphorous Strait.
6. Budapest, Hungary: Loved the city of Budapest. So many beautiful government and historical buildings with really neat architecture. Lots of old Turkish baths and awesome views of the Pest side from the Buda side. As they say in Buda, "the only good thing in Pest is the view of the Buda side"
5. Hong Kong, China: The ultimate melting pot of cultures being located half in Europe, half in Asia, but kind of also in the Middle East. Beautiful mosques, lots of history & tons of castles line both sides of the Bosphorous Strait.
4. Copenhagen, Denmark: Have been to Copenhagen many times now, and always love my experience here.
3. Jerusalem, Israel: This really could be number 1 on my list. It is literally THE Holy Land for what seems like every religion. To see the places that I've read about in the Bible all my life was one of the coolest things ever. Not only is it amazing to see the biblical significance of everything, it is also just an incredibly beautiful place. This picture was taken from the Mount of Olives overlooking the Garden of Gethsemane and the Kidron Valley. HIGHLY recommend visiting Jerusalem (and Israel in general).
2. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Rio is just an awesome place. Beaches, mountains, rainforests and all sorts of adventure activities.
1. Cape Town, South Africa: Just a beautiful setting. The city is nestled between Table Mountain and the coast. Plenty of hiking, trees, animals, sightseeing, and adventure activities. Plus I think South Africans have the coolest accents.