What is the Best "World Renowned" Sight?
There are few "Sights" that are so famous that they are known all around the world. Obviously comparing mountains to buildings to temples to canyons is near impossible. However, I have attempted to combine some of the very "well known" sights I have visited in one mega-list. All these places are pretty incredible and really cool in their own unique way.
23. Big Ben - London, England.
22. Chernobyl, Ukraine
21. Hagia Sofia - Istanbul, Turkey
20. Abu Simbel - Southern Egypt
19. Ayers Rock - Central Australia
18. Moraine Lake - Alberta, Canada
17. Great Barrier Reef - Eastern Australia
16. Eiffel Tower - Paris, France
15. Parthenon - Athens, Greece
14. Dead Sea - Southern Israel
13. Summer Palace & Forbidden City - Beijing, China
12. Mount Everest, Nepal
11. Perito Moreno Glacier, Argentina. View from the observation deck onto the 30km long glacier
10. Luxor, Egypt
9. Petra - Jordan
8. Colloseum - Rome, Italy
7. Great Wall of China
6. Temple Mount - Jerusalem, Israel. Taken from the Mount of Olives.
5. Iguazu Falls - Southern Brazil. View from the Brazil side looking into Argentina.
4. Grand Canyon - Arizona, USA. View from the South Rim of the Canyon. The sheer size of the canyon leaves you breathless.
3. Angkor Wat - Central Cambodia
2. Machu Picchu, Peru. View from a terrace in the city overlooking Huayna Picchu & the valley below.
1. The Great Pyramids & Spinx - Giza, Egypt.